The MNA Disaster Response Warehouse is staffed with volunteers propelled by the gospel fuel of love-driven sacrifice. We would love for you to serve here! Volunteer teams normally serve Mondays – Fridays from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm ET. Dates to serve are available on a ‘first-come, first-serve’ basis.
To be scheduled to serve you must register by completing the MNA Disaster Response Warehouse
Volunteer Registration Form.
MNA Disaster Response Volunteer Registration Form
You must register your intent by completing and submitting the MNA Disaster Response Warehouse Volunteer Registration Form.
After your form is processed by MNA Disaster Response:
(a) You will be placed on the official schedule to serve.
(b)You will receive a confirmation of your dates to serve and will also receive a MNA Disaster Response Warehouse Volunteer Release Waiver. If you are bringing a team each member of the team is required to complete a Volunteer Release Waiver. For any minor who are serving, the waiver must be notarized.
MNA Disaster Response Volunteer Release Waiver
After we receive your Volunteer Registration Form we will send you a Volunteer Release Waiver. Every volunteer serving at the MNA Disaster Response Warehouse must complete a Volunteer Release Waiver and turn the waiver in to the Warehouse Manager before volunteer service begins.
Before traveling to the warehouse, you or your team leader MUST check in with us two days before your travel in case we are responding to a new event and things have changed. In the event of a new disaster response we guarantee our calendar will be disrupted.
Warehouse Volunteer Q & A
Who can volunteer at the warehouse?
We welcome individuals, organizations, and church groups, basically adults of all ages! For groups consisting of those younger than 18 we require a 5:1 ration of youth to adult. We can accommodate group sizes ranging up to 20.
What will we be doing?
Work assignments will be given by the Warehouse Manager. Here are some examples:
- Assembling relief kits.
- Loading & unloading trucks and trailers.
- All sorts of warehouse labor including tacking, moving, inventory verification, packaging, etc. NOTE: Closed toes shoes and hardhats are required.
- Sweeping, vacuuming, mopping.
- Mowing grass and grounds; landscaping work.
- Moving trailers and equipment.
- Administrative duties and data entry.
What else should we know?
You are an important part of the Body of Christ and the work you do here will be multiplied in bringing relief to disaster affected people.
- Please arrive at 8:30 a.m. for prayer before you start your day of service. We try to finish the day by 4:00 p.m. unless we are supporting a new disaster response.
- Upon arrival team leaders must turn in a team roster, liability release and proof of insurance for each team member.
- All team members must sign-in each morning and sign out when leaving the warehouse.
- Each day one of our Volunteer Coordinators will start the day with a team meeting. You will participate in a safety meeting and receive instructions regarding your work assignments for the day.
- All volunteers must wear closed toed shoes while on site and family friendly clothes. Jeans, t-shirts, and tennis shoes are appropriate for most tasks.
- Every volunteer must have insurance (see Volunteer Release Waiver)
- Every volunteer must complete a Volunteer Release Waiver and turn in to Warehouse Manager.
What facilities are available?
Restroom facilities are available both in the front of the building as well as in the back loading area. A break room with kitchen space is available in the front of the building. Classroom spaces are also in the front of the building and are available upon request for team meetings. These facilities are part of the initial renovations of the building upon purchase and will be available at a future date.
The warehouse is located within a short distance of many local restaurants and the Martha Berry Mall.
Where will we stay?
Teams which are volunteering for more than one day and are traveling more than 50 miles may choose to overnight. Several hotels are within a short distance of the warehouse. Contact us for more information; we may be able to arrange a discount.
We love to give tours of The Charles H. Jones Family Disaster Response Center. Please contact us (email@example.com) to let us know when you would like to come.